Friday, May 8, 2009

I'll Show you Mine, if you Show Me Yours...




Kelly over at Kelly's Korner hosts a blog carnival on Fridays called "Show us Where you Live." The theme this week is Living rooms, I've had a lot of fun clicking through people's links and seeing where they live--hopefully gaining ideas for future spaces and projects in our new place. The room of choice made me smile. How convenient. :) We just finished decluttering, etc. last night in preparation for putting the house on the market, so I just happen to have a relatively clean room and pictures to boot!

Anyway, there's nothing particularly remarkable about our living space, we're definitely still in the "function-first" stage of decorating and made the decision to upgrade the house instead of upgrading the furniture in the house. All in good time, I guess. So, as you can see we're desperately in need of a new couch(s) and chair(s) or at the very least a nice new slipcover! Probably a slipcover and a move to the playroom when the time comes, that couch is so comfy, I'm going to have a hard time letting it go before it falls apart.



What I love about this room is the high ceilings! It's hard to dust/change lightbulbs/etc. but it makes the room feel much larger. Also a bonus, it's sunken three steps from the rest of the house, so my kids have done stairs like champs much sooner than I think they would have in a house that was all one level OR one with a full flight of stairs. :)



So, we're coming along in getting the house show-ready, just one more room to go. I'm starting to get somewhat saddened by the thought of leaving this house, it's just full of so many great memories--but I know the new place is right for the family as a whole and I really will love it, it's just always hard to say good-bye!


Anyway, hop on over to Kelly's post and show us where you blog!

4 comments:

Amber said...

The blue wall makes the room seem so big! I wish I had this much space to work with :)

Amber said...

I got the slip cover from overstock.com it's actually a sure fit cover and as long as you get the right fit, they're pretty durable and they don't move around too much. Plus it comes with "dummy-proof" stickers that show you exactly how to get it perfect, haha. Have a great weekend.

Melissa said...

I love the blue! I think I have close to the same color in my bedroom.

Claire said...

Oooh, I love the blue!

Cxx