Thursday, April 2, 2009

Of Writers Block and Narcissism

Sorry for the long blogging hiatus folks. Partly it's been due to either having family in town or being out of town with family for over two weeks, but mostly I just haven't been in the mood to write. I want to post, but I don't feel I have the words to put it down the way I'd like to. So, I'll share with you all the lastest 20-questions-like list going around which this time (maybe always) appears to be quite self-focused in nature. Maybe you'll learn something new, maybe it will just trigger a release to my writers block. Either way, here goes. :)

Also, I thought it would be fun to include pictures from our early years together, or even from back in high school when we were mere acquaintences--but I realized that all of our photos prior to moving to Wisconsin are film photos and I don't have digital copies. Maybe, I'll get on scanning them sometime soon, but don't hold your breath...

20+ Questions, James and Liz Edition

What are your middle names? Wesley and Elaine
How long have you been together? Let's see, 6 years this summer, married for almost 5.
How long did you know each other before you started dating? A long time--we met during my freshman year in high school and started dating following my sophomore year of college--so 5 1/2 years???
Who asked who out? James asked me out, but we both knew there was interest there before that.
How old are each of you? We're both 26.
Whose siblings do/did you see the most? It's pretty even, we live a long ways from all of them, so none as often as we'd like. We probably see my youngest brother and his oldest brother the most, and my oldest and his youngest brother the least.
Do you have any children together? We have the two most beatiful children in the world (me biased?, no!) Joshua is 3 and Lydia is 14 months.
What about pets? Joshua has a red betta named Michael, does that count? He's also allergic to cats AND dogs, so probably won't have any in the near future either.
Did you go to the same school? High school no, college yes.
Are you from the same home town? Nope, I'm from Hastings and he's from Spring Arbor
Who is the smartest? That's a difficult question, the true answer is it's pretty even, it just depends on the subject for who has the edge.
Who is the most sensitive? In the traditional sense, me. He's very sensitive in other ways, especially when it comes to the kids and me, which is super sweet to watch.
Where do you eat out most as a couple? Eat Out? We don't do much of it, really. We like to try something new when we do, so nothing really becomes the go-to place.
Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? As a couple, or together? We backpacked in Europe with my brother when we just friends, so probably Bratislava, Slovakia or Oslo, Norway. As a couple that would have to be Florida or New Orleans or New Hampshire/Maine/Quebec (for our honeymoon). I'm not sure which is actually farthest and I'm trying to be less OCD, so I won't look it up either. :)
Who has more crazy exes? Him, but neither has that many and they're not that crazy...so really the question doesn't apply.
Who has the worst temper? I think that would be me, at least it's much more easy to set me off. James doesn't really get upset in a traditional way.
Who does the cooking? I'm executive chef, but he makes a great sous chef!
Who is more social? Me, though neither of us is super-outgoing.
Who is the neat-freak? I wouldn't classify either of us as particular neat freaks. We both have areas that we like a lot of order and organization, but they're pretty different from each other's which has been good, more of it stays neat that way.
Who is the more stubborn? I probably show it more often and more clearly, but we're both pretty stubborn
Who hogs the bed? I hog the bed and he hogs the blankets.
Who wakes up earlier? We usually wake up about the same time, but I've been so lucky since James usually gets up with the kids and checks his work mail while I catch a few more zzzz's or at least rest time!
Where was your first date? Ummm...I'm not quite sure. We went to a movie together (just the two of us) while in Prague, so maybe that--but we didn't date for a few months after that. Cedar point, maybe?
Who has the bigger family? I have 3 brothers and he has 2, but his extended family is larger.
Do you get flowers often? Not often, but on occasion and usually "just because" so I'm happy with that. :)
How do you spend the holidays? Living at a distance from extended families we usually make it back for one or two major holidays and split the time between our families and many of the smaller holidays we spend as just the four of us or with local friends. We'll see how it goes as the kids get older.
Who is more jealous? That would be me, he's really patient and content and not at all prone to jealousy of any kind! If we're specifically talking relationally, neither of us is highly jealous, we don't really have any reason to be.
What is your song? We don't really have a song. We had "I will be Here" at our wedding, but nothing really comes to mind other than that.
How long did it take to get serious? That's a hard one. We'd known each other for over 5 years and been good friends for more than 2, so I think when we decided to date at all it was from a pretty serious starting point. To admit it to each other, probably about 4 months and we were engaged within two months of that!
Who does/did the laundry? I mostly do. He's always happy to help and good about moving loads or helping to put it away if he sees it though. :)
Who’s better with the computer? James, hands down. I'm married to a nerd, remember!
Who drives when you are together? James, unless there's a particular reason for me to be driving, or I pick him up, or he's really tired. He just likes to drive alot and I'm rather ambivalent about it.

No comments: