Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Back to Work

Well, after 12 weeks off, I'm back to work. I love my current schedule! (For those of you that don't know, I nanny part-time.) I only work two days a week from 11-5. This provides a chance to get out of the house, but limits the burn-out factor on the rough days with sick kids, kids who refuse to nap, or after rough nights with Lydia.
Also a huge positive, I was able to go back to my previous family (the kids I'd been watching before Lydia's birth). I wasn't sure if that was going to work out, as it's usually a question mark following maternity leave, since 12 weeks is a long time to be gone and sometimes arrangements have to be drastically (and permanently) changed over that time. Anyway, all that being said, I'm really glad it worked out, I enjoy these kiddos a lot.
Joshua's thrilled because he and the little boy are great pals and he sees it as a regularly scheduled playdate! I've got four kids age two and under when I'm at work, so needless to say my days are never dull and I change ALOT of diapers, but I can't think of a better job while my kids are little!
The little girl I watch turns one this week and is fascinated with Lydia--however on a one year old's limited vocabulary my sweet little girl has been reduced to "doggie!" Oh well, she's too little to know and it's really adorable to see how exciting babies are to toddlers. :-)

No comments: